WBCS Application Form 2020
WBCS Application Form 2020 – West Bengal Public Service Commission, has released WBCS 2020 application form on November 5, 2019 at pscwbapplication.in in online mode. Candidates can fill the application form of WBCS 2020 till November 25. It is to be noted that candidates can pay offline fee of WBCS application form 2020 till November 26. General category candidates have to pay Rs. 210 while SC/ST candidates of West Bengal are not required to pay any fee while filling WBCS 2020 application form. To be eligible for WBCS, the minimum educational qualification is graduation and candidates age should be between 21 and 36 years. To fill WBCS 2020 application form, candidates are required to sign in with their enrolment number and password. Read complete article to know more about WBCS Application Form 2020
Latest- WBCS 2020 Admit Card Releasing on Jan 20. Check how to download
West Bengal Public Service 2020 application correction facility will be enabled by the commission after filling up form. WBCS recruitment 2020 will take place in three stages- prelims, mains and interview.
WBCS Application Form 2020 - Important Dates
Start date of online application process
November 5, 2019 (Released)
Last date to submit application form
November 25, 2019 (12 pm)
Last date to submit fees online
November 25, 2019 (12 pm)
Last date to submit fees offline
November 26, 2019
Application correction facility
To be notified later
Things to kept ready before filling WBCS 2020 Application Form
Candidates should keep the following things ready to fill WBCS application form 2020.
Mobile number to receive enrolment no, SMS based notifications/communications related till the recruitment process is over
Scanned photograph and signature
Scanned photograph should be within 3.5 x 4.5 cm in size. The file size should be less than 100 KB.
Image should be in jpeg format.
If the applicant wants to submit the application fee online, they should keep details of their debit card, credit net banking ready
How to fill WBCS Application Form 2020?
The entire process to fill WBCS 2020 application form is summarised below.
1. Visit the official website of commission- pscwbapplication.in
2. Enrolment through PSC Application Portal
3. Filling the detailed application form
4. Payment of application fees
5. Print the application form of WBCS to use it for future reference
The above-mentioned steps to fill WBCS application form 2020 are explained below in detailed format.
Step 2: Enrolment through PSC Application Portal
- Click on ‘examination name
- Candidates are redirected to a new page having an ‘Applicant Login’ section on the right side. Applicants are required to click on ‘Enrol yourself’ button.
- An enrolment form opens, candidates will have to enter their mobile number, name, date of birth, father’s and mother’s name and email ID.
- After entering details, candidates have to click on ‘Sign up’
- Candidates should note that the details submitted during enrolment cannot be changed later.
- On successful submission of enrolment details, applicants have to confirm the details.
- After confirming the details, candidates receive their enrolment number and password.
Step 3: Filling the detailed application form
- Applicants have to sign in with the credentials – enrolment number and password.
- After successfully signing in, applicants are redirected to the dashboard and they are required to click on the ‘Application Form’
- Applicants can see the page titled ‘My application’
- Select the examination and check the eligibility
- Click on the ‘Proceed’ button to fill the application form
- Some fields in the application form are pre-filled with the registration details. Applicants have to fill the other details.
- Once candidates fill all the details, they should click ‘Save and Continue’ button to proceed to the next part of the application form.
- To upload the image file of scanned passport size photograph and signature, click on the 'Upload Photograph and Signature' button.
- After uploading the photograph and signature, candidates have to fill their academic details.
- Applicants have to select their examination centre. They can select three WBCS exam centres.
- In applicant form view page, candidates can check all information which they have entered in their application process.
- Candidates can edit the details if there is any mistake.
- If everything is correct, they have to agree to the declaration and click on the ‘Back to My application’ button for making the payment.
Steps 4: Payment of Fees
- In candidates application form ‘Make Payment’ button is visible where they can get both online and offline payment mode.
- Applicants have to select the exam and click on the payment mode.
- Proceed to pay the application fees.
- After successful payment, candidates can take printout of the form.
Specifications for Photograph and Signature
The scanned photograph should be within 3.5 x 4.5 cm in size. The file size should be less than 100 KB.
The image should be in jpeg format.
WBCS 2020 Application Form – Correction Facility
West Bengal Public Service Commission (WBPSC) will begin the correction facility for rectification of information provided by candidates while filling details in WBCS application form 2020. Dates to do the correction facility in WBCS 2020 application form is not yet provided by the commission. To edit changes in the application form, candidates should sign in using the enrollment number and password. Candidates having submitted the application form of WBCS 2020 will be able to make changes in certain fields like educational qualifications, groups and optional subjects.
How to Pay the Examination Fees?
There are two payment methods – Online and Offline Payment.
Offline Payment – In offline payment, candidates have to download the Chalan. Candidates should go to the nearest bank branch in the next working day to deposit the fees.
Online Payment – Candidates could pay their fees online through credit card, debit card and net banking.
The examination fee is Rs 210, services charges will be applied for online payment. SC/ST candidates of West Bengal and Persons with disabilities (PWD) having physical disability of 40% and above are not required to pay any fee. Exemption of fee is not applicable to SC/ST/BC candidates of other states. Along with examination fee, there is 1% service Charge of examination fee subject to a minimum of Rs.5/-(Rupees Five) only for online payment through debit/credit card plus service charge /GST as applicable as Govt.
Candidates who successfully fill the application form of WBCS 2020 will only be able to download the admit card. It is to be noted that authority will not send any admit card via post. Candidates have to visit the official website and enter login credentials to download WBCS 2020 admit card. In case of any discrepancy in the admit card of WBCS aspirants are advised to immediately contact to the authority and get the correction done.
Frequently Asked Question (FAQs) - WBCS Application Form 2020
Question: What if candidates forget their password of WBCS 2020 application form?
Candidates who forget their password can reset the same by logging into their account. To retrieve password, candidates will have to click on the link ‘reset your password’. Candidates have to provide user ID, last school attended, mother’s surname etc. If all the data are correct, candidates will get new password.
Question: Can I change the details entered in WBCS application form 2020?
No, candidates cannot edit the details entered in the application form after final submission.
Question: How do I know that my application of WBPCS is registered?
After successful registration, candidates will get their enrolment number and password of WBCS application form.
Questions related to WBPCS
upsc Psychology Optional syllabus with WBPCS Psychology Optional syllabus is same for both paper pap-1,pap-2...
Psychology Optional Paper 2 syllabus- Issues and Applications of Psychology : Psychological Measurement of Individual Differences, Psychological Well Being and mental disorders, Therapeutic Approaches, Work Psychology and Organisational Behaviour, Application of Psychology in educational field. Community Psychology, Rehabilitation Psychology, Application of Psychology to disadvantaged groups, Psychological Problems of social Integration, Application of Psychology in IT and Mass media, Psychology and Economic development, Application of Psychology to environment and related field, Application of Psychology in other fields, Psychology of gender.
which one is better study iq vs unacademy for UPSC with WBPCS ex.
You can for unacademy for UPSC because it provide proper notes and learning and very supportive , give proper guidance. this is not for promotion it is true.
my Background was in Bengali medium , my 12th board also in Bengali language , so now I want to shift my medium towards English medium , but I faced a problem that is I can not explained properly in English ( Descriptive Questions)... what I do now.... how I improve it....
You can practice writing essays, short stories etc.
Hope it helps!
PSYCHOLOGY optional Bengali sources.... for WBCS
you can refer to the youtube lectures for course in bengali version or you can simply buy a graduate level psychology book from a nearby stationary store.
it will surely help you, if the book is not available , you can search for scanned copies online .
hope that helps
all the best
I am in 1st year in CSE branch Btech I want to choose Optional paper Computer science for Wbpsc exam .. please help me how I prepare for it and where I will get study material...
West Bengal Civil Service exam is conducted in 2 phases (written):
- Preliminary Exam – which serves as a Screening Test, consisting of 200 multiple-choice questions on General Studies.
- Main Exam – When you qualify the preliminary exam, you appear for mains. It consists of six co mpulsory papers and one optional subject consisting of two papers (Only if you are applying for group A and / or B). There are two papers of the optional subject of 200 marks each.
- Personality Test – Candidates, in order of merit on the results of the Main Examination for all the services and posts included in Groups A, B, C and D, then have to appear at a Personality Test, where he is asked questions on matters of general interest.
As you mentioned your choice of optional subject as computer science (Code - 19). So you must first go through the syllabus, for which you can consider the following:
Paper – I: Algorithms and Problem solving, Number systems and Arithmetic, Theory of Counting, Graphs and Algorithms, Boolean Algebra, Models of Computer Machines, Numerical Algorithms, Operations Research, Circuit and Network Theory, Basic Electronics, Instruments, Digital Logic and Systems, Data Communication, Data Structure.
Paper – II: Operating System, System Analysis and Design, Object oriented Programming, Computer Architecture and Organization, Micro Processor, Computer Networks, Database Management, Assembler, Loader and Linker, Compiler, Graphics and Multimedia.
Since you are in your first year of CSE, you will be introduced to these topics as part of your curriculum and make the most of it. Try to understand concept of these topics from the very beginning.
You can also consider this site : https://westbengal.pscnotes.com/ . You will find WBPSC free notes and current affairs here.
For reference, you can also check this link out: http://pscwbapplication.in/pdf18/ADVT-SCHEME-SYLLABUS-WB-CIVIL-SERVICE-EXE-EXAM19.pdf
Hope this information is useful. Good luck.