IBPS PO Result 2018: Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) is to declare the result of IBPS PO 2018 for prelims exam, in the last week of October. IBPS PO result 2018 will be announced for the exam being held on October 13, 14, 20 and 21, 2018. To check the result of IBPS PO, candidates have to enter their registration/roll number and date of birth/password in the result window. Based on their performance in the prelims exam, as per the IBPS PO 2018 result, candidates will be shortlisted for the mains exam, which is to be held on November 18. IBPS PO result for the mains exam will be declared in December.
Candidates can also get access to their score cards along with the announcement of IBPS PO result 2018. The obtained marks of the candidates at the different stages of the online exam are normalized using the equi-percentile method. After the result announcement of the mains exam, a final merit list will be released which will carry the registration numbers of the qualified candidates shortlisted for the interview. Marks of the candidates in Mains exam are considered for shortlisting candidates for the interview and also for preparing the final merit list.
IBPS PO Result 2018 Dates
IBPS PO prelimsexam
October 13, 14, 20 & 21, 2018
IBPS PO prelims result
Last week of October 2018
IBPS PO mains exam
November 18, 2018
IBPS PO mains result
IBPS PO Interview
IBPS PO 2018 final result
How to check IBPS PO result 2018?
The result of IBPS PO will be declared online for prelims and mains where candidates have to enter the required credentials. Check the process here.
- Click on the IBPS PO Result link (to be provided on this page later)
- Enter the registration/roll number and date of birth/password
- Click on the submit button
- BPS PO result will be displayed on the screen
- Download a copy of the result for future reference
Stages of IBPS PO result 2018
There are three stages of the result of IBPS PO:
1. IBPS PO result 2018 (Preliminary exam)
2. IBPS PO result (Mains exam)
3. IBPS PO result 2018 (Interview)
IBPS PO Result 2018 for preliminary exam
- The preliminary exam of IBPS PO comprises three sections - English Language, Quantitative Aptitude and Reasoning Ability.
- The total marks for the preliminary exam are 100.
- Candidates have to obtain the qualifying marks out of 100 to be shortlisted for the mains exam.
IBPS PO Result Window (Preliminary Exam)
How to calculate IBPS PO prelims scores?
Process for Arriving at Scores
The following procedure is adopted to obtain the Scores of Online Preliminary Examination:
- The total number of questions answered correctly by the candidates in each objective test is taken into account for arriving at the Corrected Score, after deducting the marks for incorrect answers.
- The Corrected Scores (obtained by the candidates) are made equivalent to bring uniformity in the minor difference in difficulty level, if any, in each of the objective tests held in different slots. This is done to arrive at the Equated Scores. Scores obtained by the candidates in any test are equated to the base form by taking into account the distribution of scores of all the forms.
- Final scores (in each test) are rounded off to up to two digits after the decimal point.
Note: Cutoffs are applied at two stages:
- On scores in individual tests
- On Total Score
Check the details of the cutoffs applied on Scores, of the Preliminary Exam, in individual exams and on Total Score below:
Maximum Scores and Cutoffs in Each Objective Test
Name of the Test
Process for Arriving at Total Score & Cut-offs on Total Scores
Total Prelims Exam Score = Scores secured in English Language + Reasoning Ability + Quantitative Aptitude
Cut-offs on Total (Out of 100)
Scheduled Caste (SC)
Scheduled Tribe (ST)
Other Backward Classes (OBC)
Hearing Impaired (HI)
Orthopaedically Challenged (OC)
Visually Impaired (VI)
IBPS PO Result – Prelims Score Card Image
IBPS PO result 2018 (Mains exam)
- The result of IBPS PO 2018 main will be announced in December.
- Marks secured by the candidates in mains exam will be considered for shortlisting candidates for the interview and for preparing the final merit list.
- Candidates are required to secure the minimum qualifying marks in each subject as well as the minimum total score to be shortlisted for the interview.
- IBPS PO mains exam comprise 5 sections – Reasoning, English Language, Quantitative Aptitude, General Awareness and Computer Knowledge.
- Candidates are allotted marks out of 200.
How are IBPS PO mains scores calculated?
The total score of mains exam will be calculated by using the below mentioned formula.
Total score = Marks obtained in Reasoning out of 50+English Language out of 40 + Quantitative Aptitude out of 50 + General Awareness (with special reference to Banking) out of 40 + Computer Knowledge out of 20.
IBPS PO Result – Mains Score Card Image
IBPS PO Result 2018 (Interview)
- Shortlisted candidates in the mains exam have to appear for the interview conducted by participating organisations and coordinated by the nodal banks in each State/ UT.
- The result of IBPS PO interview will be declared along with the final result.
- Scores of the candidates in the Interview (who do not secure the minimum qualifying marks) will not be disclosed.
- Candidates are allotted marks in the interview out of 100.
- The minimum qualifying marks for the interview is 40% for general category and 35% for SC/ST/OBC/PWD candidates.
IBPS PO final result 2018
- The final result of IBPS PO will be announced after the interview.
- The final result will be declared on the basis of the marks obtained by candidates in main exam and interview.
- Only candidates who qualify in both, the mains exam and the interview will be considered for the final merit list.
- The combined final score of the candidates is calculated based on the score obtained in the mains examination (out of 200) and the interview (out of 100).
- Based on the cutoff score, ranks and post preference, candidates will be allotted to any of the participating banks.
IBPS PO Final Result Image
How IBPS PO final score of candidates will be calculated?
The formula for calculation of final score of IBPS PO is given below.
Total score = Marks obtained in mains exam (out of 200) + Marks obtained in Interview (100)
IBPS PO Vacancies
Out of which (PWD)
Bank of Maharashtra
Bank of India
Union Bank of India
Central Bank of India
IBPS PO Cutoff 2018
The cutoff of IBPS PO is the minimum qualifying marks needed by the candidates to qualify each stage of selection process i.e prelims, mains and interview. Depending on the number of vacancies available, cut-offs will be decided and candidates will be shortlisted for interview. The previous year cutoff score of IBPS PO is given below.
IBPS PO Prelims Cut Off 2017
Cutoff Score required for provisional shortlisting for main Examination GENERAL
Category-wise Cut-Off (2017 Prelims)
Scheduled Caste (SC)
Scheduled Tribe (ST)
Other Backward Classes (OBC)
Section wise IBPS PO Mains 2016
Cut-Off Marks (SC/ST/OBC/PWD)
Reasoning & Computer Aptitude
General Economy/Banking Awareness
Data Analysis & Interpretation
English Language (Descriptive)
IBPS PO Mains Total Cut-Off
More like IBPS PO
IBPS PO Prelims Exam Analysis 2018
IBPS PO exam analysis 2018 is carried out to understand the level of question paper. It helps the...
IBPS PO Cut Off 2018
IBPS PO Cutoff 2018 - The IBPS PO 2018 cutoff will be declared for prelims, mains & final allotme...
IBPS PO Eligibility Criteria 2018
IBPS PO Eligibility Criteria 2018 - Candidates can check IBPS PO 2018 eligibility criteria such a...
IBPS PO Exam Dates 2018
IBPS PO Exam Dates 2018 - Candidates can check here all the exam dates of IBPS PO such as applica...
IBPS PO Application Form 2018
IBPS PO Application Form 2018 - IBPS had released Application Form of IBPS PO 2018 on August 15. ...
Questions related to IBPS PO
Hi there, The strategy for the last 10 days before exam is revision, revision and revisore. Don't start reading anything new right now. Just b...
Yes, the admit card of IBPS PO has been released in online mode, today, on September 27. Candidates can download it till October 14. ...
Is IMS Guwahati the best coaching in Guwahati for Banking exams like IBPS PO, SBI PO, SSC, SBI clerical etc?
Dear Student,Greetings.Yes, IMS Guwahati is the India's leading national coaching institute provides personalised counselling and preparation ...
I'm currently 25yrs old & by next year & my DOB is 11/05. Will I be able to apply for IBPS po exam next year.? I don't have any reservation
Hello Samarth,As per the eligibility criteria of IBPS PO, Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) requires candidates to be between the age...
Dear Shweta,Nothing has been announced for IBPS PO and SBI PO 2019 as yet. Neither can we predict about the number of vacancies at PO level for the...