About Assam Police Constable 2019
Assam police constable exam will be conducted through recruitment rallies for the recruitment of constables under armed and unarmed forces of Assam Police. It will be notified here when window for online applications will be open. There will no fees for the application. No request offline will be entertained. The candidates must check the eligibility conditions before applying for the exam. Candidates are first scrutinised based on Physical Standard test (PST). It does not hold any marks. The final selection is based on the marks scored in Physical Efficiency Test (PET), Written test and Extracurricular activities or skills. The time date and venue for PST/PET and written exam will be intimated to the candidates by mail, SMS or updated on the website of Assam Police.
Assam Police Constable 2019 Highlights
|Full Exam Name||Assam Police Constable Exam|
|Short Exam Name||Assam Police Constable|
|Conducting Body||Assam Police|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|Number of Seats||5494 Seats|
Assam Police Constable 2019 Eligibility Criteria
Assam Police Constable Eligibility Criteria
|Nationality||Indian Citizen- Assam Resident|
|Age||A candidate must be 18 to 25 years of age with a relaxation in upper age as follow:|
|Educational Qualification||For Unarmed Branch- A candidate must have cleared class 12 |
from a recognized Board or Council for the post of Constable, Unarmed Branch, District Executive Force (DEF).
For Armed Branch- A candidate must have cleared class 10 from a recognized Board or Council for the post of constable of Armed Branch.
|Height||For Men- Gen/OBC/MOBC/SC 162.56 cm, ST(H)/ ST(P) 160.02 cm|
For Women- Gen/OBC/MOBC/SC 154.94 cm , ST(H)/ ST(P) 152.40 cm
|Chest||Only for male candidates (Normal Expended)- Gen/OBC/MOBC/SC/ST(P) etc, 80Cm 85 Cm, ST(H) 78 Cm 83 Cm|
Assam Police Constable 2019 Application Process
Mode of Application : Online
The application process for Assam police constable is a completely online process. Students are required to register using a valid email id, fill in all the requisite personal and educational details, upload photograph and signature in jpeg format. Scanned copy of documents such as HSLC certificate as proof of age, caste certificate or reservation certificate if any, Basic & Advanced Home Guard training and experienced certificate issued by the competent authority, Certificate of F.M.M.O. issued by Special Branch, Hqrs. of Assam Police, Kahilipara, Guwahati etc.
Candidate must submit the completed application form and print a copy of the same to keep the application id or slip safely for future use. A helpdesk to help candidates in filling application form will be opened at the office of Superintendent of Police of each district.
Assam Police Constable 2019 Exam Pattern
Assam Police constable exam selection procedure
Firstly the PST (Physical Standard Test)/ PET (Physical Efficiency Test) Will be Conducted. The Physical Standard Test will Carry No marks. The Physical Efficiency Test Will be of 40 Marks. The Physical Efficiency Test will have 2 (two) events which are:
|Event||Male Candidates||Female Candidates|
|Race (Max 20 marks)||3.2 km race to be completed within 14 minutes (840 seconds)||1600 meters race to be completed within 8 minutes|
|Long Jump (Max 20 marks)||Minimum 335 cm for long jump (3 chances to be given and the longest valid jump rounded off to the nearest cm will be considered for awarding marks).||Minimum 244 cm for long jump (3 chances to be given and the longest valid jump rounded off to the nearest cm will be considered for awarding marks)|
After this, the qualified candidates will appear for the Written Objective Type test based on class 9 and 10. The Written Test Will consist of 100 Questions and for Each Correct Answer will get a half mark. There Will be No Negative Marking.
After this, the Extra Curricular Activities & Special Skill Test will be conducted which will be of 10 marks. The marks as divided for different sections are given below:
- Educational Qualification- 5 marks
- National Cadet Corps (NCC)- 3 marks
- Proficiency in Computer- 5marks
- Diploma/Certificate course from ITI/Polytechnic or other recognized /accredited Technical Institute- 3marks
Assam Police Constable 2019 Admit Card
Candidates can download the admit card for the test by entering their id number. Only those candidates whose application form is filled properly will be able to download the admit card. The information regarding the same will also be sent to the candidates via SMS or email to the mentioned number or mail address. The candidate must carry the scanned self-attested as well as original copy of the following documents along with them for the test:
- Mark-sheet of HSLC or equivalent examination (For Armed Branch).
- Certificate of proof of age. (HSLC or equivalent certificates).
- Certificate of Higher Secondary or equivalent examination (For DEF, Unarmed Branch).
- Certificate of additional qualifications such as Diploma from ITI or other recognized/accredited institute, Diploma / Certificate of Proficiency in Computer etc (if any).
- Mark –Sheet of Higher Secondary or equivalent examination (For Unarmed Branch).
- Certificate of NCC (if any) from the competent authority.
- Certificate of sports, games etc. (if any).
- Certificate of F.M.M.O. issued by Special Branch Hqrs. of Assam Police, Kahilipara, Guwahati.
- Appointment certificate as S.P.O. issued by the Superintendent of Police.
- Certificate of caste from the competent authority for the candidates belonging to ST (P)/ST(H)/SC/OBC & MOBC. In case the candidate fails to show original Caste Certificate on the day of PST/PET, they shall be treated as GENERAL. No subsequent request will be entertained for the change of Caste.
- Certificate for working as a member of V.D.P. issued by the Superintendent of Police.
- Basic & Advanced Home Guard training & experienced certificate issued by competent authority.
- 2 (two) copies of passport size recent photographs.
Assam Police Constable 2019 Result
The result of the physical standard and efficiency test at the end of each day of the rally will be displayed locally but that does not qualify the candidate for the written test. After PST/ PET completion a merit list will be published district wise for each category. Candidates called for interview will be five times the number of vacancy or posts. If there are any clashes in scores then both the candidates will be called for interview. The final appointment and selection will be done after all the tests including extracurricular are concluded.