SSC JE Exam Pattern 2020 - Subject Wise Pattern for Paper 1 & 2
SSC JE Exam Pattern 2020 - SSC releases the SSC JE 2020 exam pattern along with the notification on its website. The exam pattern of SSC JE 2020 will have details like - mode of exam, total marks, duration, sections and marking scheme. Candidates planning to appear in the exam must check the SSC JE exam pattern 2020 to know the overall structure of both the question papers. SSC conducts the Junior Engineer exam in three phases - Paper 1 (CBT), Paper 2 and Document Verification. According to the SSC JE 2002 exam pattern 2020, paper 1 will have three parts - General Intelligence Reasoning, General Awareness and General Engineering (Civil & Structural, Electrical and Mechanical), the maximum marks will be 200. According to SSC junior Engineer exam pattern 2020, paper 2 will be a conventional type consisting of questions from General Engineering and will carry 300 marks. SSC JE exam is conducted to recruit JE (Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, and Quantity Surveying & Contracts) for various Ministries/Departments of Government of India. In this article, candidates can check the SSC JE 2020 exam pattern for all phases.
Latest: SSC JE 2019 Paper 1 Has Been Postponed Due To Coronavirus Outbreak - Click Here
SSC JE Exam Pattern 2020 - Stages
The exam of SSC JE will be conducted in three phases. Candidates qualifying one stage will be eligible to appear for the next one. In the following table, they can check all the phases.
Stages of SSC JE 2020 Exam
Objective Type CBT (Computer Based Test)
SSC JE Exam Pattern 2020 for Paper 1 (Computer Based Test)
Paper 1 of SSC JE 2020 is scheduled to be conducted from March 30 to April 02, 2020. Paper 1 is divided in three parts and carries objective type questions. Part 1 is General Intelligence Reasoning, part 2 is General Awareness and part 3 is General Engineering for Civil & Structural, Electrical and Mechanical. Paper 1 will carry a total of 50 questions and the total marks allotted for the exam will be 200. For each wrong answer, 0.25 marks will be deducted as negative marking. Based on the normalized marks scored by candidates in Paper 1, they will be shortlisted, category-wise to appear for Paper 2.
Exam Pattern of SSC JE 2020 - Paper 1
Number of Questions
General Intelligence Reasoning
Part – A (Civil & Structural) or
Part – B (Electrical) or
Part – C (Mechanical)
SSC JE Exam Pattern 2020 for Paper 2 (Descriptive Test)
Paper 2 of SSC JE will be a written examination where candidates will only be able to attempt the part filled in the application form like Civil & structural or Electrical or Mechanical. Candidates who will be shortlisted on the basis of paper 1 will be eligible to appear for paper 2. The total marks in paper 2 will be 300 and there will be no negative marking. In this paper 2, candidates will be allowed to bring their own Slide–Rule, Calculator, Logarithm Tables and Steam. Based on candidates performance in Paper 1 and Paper 2, candidates will be shortlisted for the last stage of SSC JE selection procedure, Document Verification.
SSC JE 2020 Exam Pattern - Paper 2
General Engineering (Civil & Structural)
SSC JE 2020 Qualifying Marks (Paper 1 & Paper 2)
Candidates final selection and allocation in Ministries will be made on the basis of their performance in Paper 1 + Paper 2 and their choice of ministries they had opted while the Document Verification.
Apart from the SSC JE exam pattern 2020, candidates must also check the syllabus as mentioned in the notification. The syllabus focuses on both papers 1 & 2. It consists of the subjects and topics which candidates need to study in order to qualify for the exam. Candidates can check the following table to get an idea about the subject and topics which will be asked in the exam.
SSC Junior Engineer Exam Syllabus 2020
General Intelligence & Reasoning
Analogies, similarities, differences, space visualization, problem-solving, analysis etc.
History, Culture, Geography, Economic Scene, General Polity and Scientific Research, etc.
Part - A (Civil Engineering)
Part – B (Electrical Engineering)
Part – C (Mechanical Engineering)
Building Materials, Estimating, Costing and Valuation, Surveying, Soil Mechanics, Hydraulics, etc.
Basic concepts, Circuit law, Magnetic Circuit, AC Fundamentals, Measurement and Measuring instruments etc.
Theory of Machines and Machine Design, Engineering Mechanics and Strength of Materials etc.
Part A - Civil & Structural Engineering
Building Materials, Estimating, Costing and Valuation, Surveying etc.
Part B - Electrical Engineering
Circuit law, Magnetic Circuit, AC Fundamentals, Measurement and measuring instruments, Electrical Machines etc.
Part C - Mechanical Engineering
Theory of Machines and Machine Design, Engineering Mechanics and Strength of Materials, Thermal Engineering, Fluid Mechanics & Machinery etc.
After getting acquainted with the SSC JE exam pattern 2020 and the syllabus, it is time to plan the preparation strategy. The SSC JE exam is neither difficult nor easy, but it requires a lot of strategy-wise preparation to qualify. The difficulty level has been below par from the last few years especially compared to the UPSC ESE. Cracking the SSC JE prelims is easy but things get a bit tough when you are in Paper 2 (Second stage) of the selection process. Here, if you haven't prepared well, you might not be able to cross the finishing line. Candidates can check some general preparation tips for SSC JE here:
Understand the syllabus, marking scheme and SSC JE 2020 exam pattern in depth.
Make a productive time table and follow it religiously. Allocate equal time to all the sections.
Read newspapers, current affairs magazines and various engineering books.
Make notes of whatever thing you find useful.
Memorize the formulas at your fingertips and practice them so you don't forget about them.
Check the previous year SSC JE question papers and solve the mock tests if available.
Discuss with friends or batchmates who are preparing for the same exam.
Follow a healthy routine and invest some time in meditation and exercise.
SSC will release the answer key on its official website after the exam is conducted. With the help of answers key, candidates will be able to check their responses and spectate their probable score in the SSC Junior Engineer exam. First, SSC will release a provisional answer key where candidates will be given a chance to raise their objections for the wrong questions, after taking into consideration the responses received by candidates, SSC will release the final answer key.
SSC will release the result of SSC JE exam 2020 in the form of PDFs containing the name, roll numbers and category of all the qualified candidates. The result PDF will be available in online mode at the official website of SSC along with the SSC JE Cut off. The result will be released stage-wise and candidates qualifying in one stage will be eligible to appear in the next stage.
SSC has released the region-wise admit card anytime soon. Each applicant should bring the admit card at SSC JE Exam centres. The admit card will be released in online mode at the regional website and candidates will have to enter their credentials to download it. They will also have to carry the admit card along with a valid ID proof - Voter ID, Passport, Aadhar Card etc.
Other Related Links
Frequently Asked Question (FAQs) - SSC JE Exam Pattern 2020 - Subject Wise Pattern for Paper 1 & 2
Question: Is there an interview in SSC JE?
No there is no interview round in SSC JE.
Question: How difficult is the SSC JE exam?
The exam is easy to tackle but if you score the qualifying marks as mentioned in the article above you will qualify it. Just practice at least 1 year prior to the exam.
Question: How many papers are there in SSC JE?
There are 2 papers - One is objective type CBT based while the other one is descriptive.
Question: How can I crack SSC JE?
To crack the SSC JE exam you need to have a detailed understanding of the syllabus, exam pattern and the marking scheme. Apart from that, you must have an exam preparation strategy that covers all the sections as well as topics.
SSC JE Study Plan 2020 - Aspirants can check SSC JE 2020 study...
SSC JE Recruitment 2020 - Staff Selection Commission will rele...
SSC JE Career Growth 2020 - Candidates can check complete deta...
SSC JE Exam Centres 2020 - Candidates can check the region-wis...
SSC JE Exam Dates 2020- SSC JE application 2020 start & end da...
Questions related to SSC JE
best coaching in Dhanbad for ssc je/rrb je
Following is the list of top coaching institute in Dhanbad for SSc JE/ RRB JE:
- Career Launcher
- Sachdeva New P.T. College
- David's Career Hub
- Zet English Coaching Centre
- Universal Coaching centre
- Competition Guru
- Movinggears Education
- The Target Competitive Classes
- Maa Sharda Coaching Centre
- Quantum Classes
- Vidya Mandir
can i know the upcoming notification for ssc je and rrb je?
As per the previous schedule the SSC JE was scheduled to be held between 31st March to 2nd April but because of the outbreak it has been postponed till further notice.
The notice was released by the official website of SSC on 21st March.
ssc je k liye kya kya krna hai
Hello Aspirant !
I will suggest you to :
- Go through the syllabus for the exam on the official website of SSC( https://ssc.nic.in/ ). This will give you a general idea of the topics you need to prepare. This will give you more time to prepare topics that you know nothing about instead of keeping these till the end when you might be tempted to completely skip that topic!
- The next step is to get the appropriate books to start your preparation. (If you want any suggestion for book please ask)
- Make a study schedule starting with topics you don’t know at all and then mix it up with one familiar topic a week. This will help you to not overburden yourself with something new every day.
- In case you have a doubt in any topics, don’t keep it pending till the last day. Clear your doubts while you still have them.
- Time management applies not only to the time you take out to study but also on how you utilize those 4-5 hours every day.
- Work on your speed . Your success in clearing the test depends on those 2 hours that you will be writing the paper.
- Practice more to improve your speed. Every time you solve a question put yourself on a timer and try to beat your score each time you do it.
- Practice previous years question papers and answer them like you are attempting the real exam. Give yourself 2 hours and try to finish within that time.
Hope it Helps!
All the best:)
when will release next notification for SSC JE ?
The Staff Selection Commission released a notification on March 19, 2020 stating that the SSC JE Examination 2019-2020 paper I scheduled to commence from March 30th, is being postponed owing to the massive spread of Coronavirus (Covid-19) in India.
SSC JE schedule:
SSC JE Notification-August 2020
SSC JE Online application-August 4th, 2020 September 3rd, 2020
Paper I (Computer-based exam)-February 2021
Paper-II (Conventional)-To be notified
Result declaration (Tentative)-To be notified
Hello guys, Now Im pursuing Diploma in mechanical engineering. Im from Jharkhand I want to clear SSC JE exam my question is.. please give me some useful ideas about how to prepare. Suggest me some best books please I will really grateful for help
SSC JE is a popular exam among diploma candidates and lot of candidates dream to crack this exam.
So, first thing you need to go through its syllabus and past year question papers.
The exam consists of question from sections like English, Aptitude, Hindi and General Knowledge/Current Affairs.These sections are basis and you need a prepare 3 to 4 months to have a good grip on question from this and after completion just skip to you technical portion part.
Remember that going through year questions is very important so download them and solve.
Technical part is very important so most of focus should be on that side.
Books that you will need :
Books for Aptitude & Reasoning
- A Modern Approach to Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning by S.Chand
- A New Approach to Reasoning Verbal & Non Verbal by Arihant
Books for General Awareness
- General Knowledge Overview with Current Affairs by Upkar
- Follow daily news and updates from any websites or YouTube videos.
Books for Manufacturing Drawing
- Manufacturing Process II by Sharma &Bhatnagar
- Manufacturing Technology by M.M. Rao
- Foundry Technology by Sinha & Goel
Books for Meteorology and Measuring Instruments
- Meteorology & measuring Instrument by Bhatnagar S
- Measurement, Meteorology and Control by Vikram Sharma
- Mechanical Measurement and Instrument by Rajput R.K
Books for Computer Graphics & Computer Aided Design
- Computer Graphics by Bhatia P.K
- Basics of Computer Aided Geometric Design by M. Ganesh
- Computer Aided Analysis and Design by Srinivasa Prakash
- Books for Strength of Materials & Hydraulics
- Strength of Materials by Rajput R. K
- Fluid Mechanics by Vijay Gupta & Gupta S.K
- Strength of Materials by Ramamarutham S
- Hydraulics & Hydraulic Machines by Jagdish Lal
Books for Engineering Materials & Material Science
- Material & Materials Science by Bhatnagar S.K
- Materials Science & Processes by Hajra Choudhury S.K
- Textbook of Material Science by R.K. Rajput
Books for Thermal Engineering
- Thermal Engineering by Bhatnagar S.K
- Thermal Engineering by Ballaney P.L
Books for Theory of Machines
- Machine Design Data Book by Jadon V.K
- Design of Machine Elements by Rao T. Krishna
- Foundry Technology by Sinha & Goel
- Manufacturing Process II by Sharma & Bhatnagar
- Manufacturing System Engineering by Hitomi
Books for Machine Tool Technology
- Machine Tool Technology by Hazara and Chaudhary
Books for Design and Estimation
- Design and Estimating by Sharma P.C
Books for Production Technology
- Production Engineering & Science by Pandey & Singh
- Automobile Engineering by Singh Kirpal
- Objective I.C. Engines & Automobile Engineering by Poonia M.P
Books for Industrial Management
- Industrial Management and Entrepreneurship Development by Bhatnagar & Jain
Books for Production Automation
- Computer Aided Manufacturing by Visal S
Books for Corporate Communication
- Business Communication by Chhabra T.N
Mentioned above are the books which you can use in preparation.A dedicated 1 years of preparation is enough to crack this exam.Be disciplined and consistent.