How to Prepare for SSC JE 2020? - SSC Junior Engineer Preparation Tips
How to prepare for SSC JE 2020 - To crack the SSC Junior Engineer exam 2020, you first need to understand the pre-requisites for examination. Before beginning with the SSC JE exam preparation 2020, candidates need to completely review the SSC JE syllabus, various subjects, weightage given to each topic/subject. This will help in creating a good SSC JE study plan. Going through the previous years’ question papers also gives candidates an idea regarding the exam pattern. The exam dates of SSC JE will be updated shortly. Hence, candidates have a good amount of time to prepare and qualify the SSC Junior Engineer exam 2020. In this article, we have provided some tips as to how to prepare for SSC JE 2020 that may help you in preparing for the exam.
Latest: SSC JE 2019 Paper 1 Has Been Postponed Due To COVID-19 - Click Here. Start Solving the Previous Year's SSC JE Papers
How to Prepare for SSC JE 2020?
Here are a few steps that you can follow for the SSC JE exam preparation tips.
SSC JE Preparation Tip 1- Make a proper time-table
This is the first and foremost step that you should do before starting your preparation. Make a proper time-table keeping in mind what you want to achieve in the short-term and long-term. Time-based goals will help to know how much you need and how to prepare for SSC JE. Make sure that you follow the time-table rigorously.
SSC JE Preparation Tip 2- Focus on the preparation
Besides memorising the details, understand the subjects. Once the concepts are clear, it will help you to remember the same for a longer period. You handle any type of question in the exam if your concept is clear. Make short notes while reading any chapter or topic. This will help you to revise easily before the exam.
SSC JE Preparation Tip 3- Self-Evaluation
Evaluating yourself from time to time is an effective method of preparation. For this, you need to practice previous years’ question papers, sample papers and attempt mock tests.
SSC JE Preparation Tip 4- Confidence and Positive
Confidence is the key to success. Keep positive thoughts and belief in yourself and your preparation.
SSC Junior Engineer 2020 Exam comprises two papers – Paper I and II. Paper I will carry objective type questions from General Intelligence & Reasoning, General Awareness and respective engineering disciplines. Paper-II is a conventional type paper that is conducted for those candidates who qualify the Paper I. The test carries questions based on candidates' respective engineering disciplines. Marks allotted for this paper is 300. The section-wise preparation tips for SSC JE 2020 is given below.
How to Prepare for SSC JE General Awareness 2020?
Questions from this section are aimed to test the candidate's knowledge of current events. The test includes questions relating to India and its neighboring countries especially pertaining to History, Culture, Geography, Economic Scene, General Polity and Scientific Research, etc. Candidates can follow the tips given below to prepare for this section.
- Read newspapers and current affairs magazines.
- There are several competitive books available in the market and solve papers given in these books
How to Prepare for SSC JE General Intelligence & Reasoning 2020?
This section includes questions of both verbal and non-verbal type. Questions are asked from analogies, similarities, differences, space visualization, problem solving, analysis, judgement, decision making, visual memory, discrimination, observation, relationship concepts, arithmetical reasoning, verbal and figure classification, arithmetical number series etc. The test assesses a candidate's abilities to deal with abstract ideas, symbols and their relationships, arithmetical computations and other analytical function. Here are a few tips that candidates can follow to prepare this section.
- Make sure you practice all the previous year papers
- Practising previous years’ papers will help candidates to estimate your current preparation level
- Be consistent with your revision
- Be thorough with the syllabus and prepare accordingly
- Practice all the important topics
SSC JE Mechanical 2020 Preparation Tips
- Candidates should know the syllabus of SSC JE thoroughly and weighatge of each topic.
- Practice previous years’ SSC JE Mechanical papers
- Candidates should focus on theoretical concepts
- Candidates should attempt mock test and evaluate their performance
SSC JE Electrical 2020 Preparation Tips
Questions in electrical engineering are asked from Basic concepts, Circuit law, Magnetic Circuit, AC Fundamentals, Measurement and Measuring instruments, Electrical Machines, Fractional Kilowatt Motors and single phase induction Motors, Basic Electronics etc. Candidates should practice their previous years’ questions papers. The level of questions in this section will be of Diploma in Engineering. Therefore, candidates should read their college textbooks to ace the exam.
SSC JE Books
General Intelligence and Reasoning
Lucent’s Reasoning by Bhupendra Kumar Singh
SSC Junior Engineers (Mechanical) Exam Guide (Popular Master Guide)
Kiran’s SSC Junior Engineer Mechanical Engineering Self Study Guide-cum-Practice Work Book
SSC Junior Engineer Civil & Structural Engineering Recruitment Exam Guide
SSC Junior Engineer Civil and Structural Engineering Exam Practice Work Book
Juniors Engineers Electrical Examination Guide: Electrical Engineering (Popular Master Guide)
SSC Juniors Engineers Electrical Engineering Recruitment Exam Guide (English)
Other Related Links
SSC JE Study Plan 2020 - Aspirants can check SSC JE 2020 study...
SSC JE Recruitment 2020 - Staff Selection Commission will rele...
SSC JE Career Growth 2020 - Candidates can check complete deta...
SSC JE Exam Centres 2020 - Candidates can check the region-wis...
SSC JE Exam Dates 2020- SSC JE application 2020 start & end da...
Questions related to SSC JE
best coaching in Dhanbad for ssc je/rrb je
Following is the list of top coaching institute in Dhanbad for SSc JE/ RRB JE:
- Career Launcher
- Sachdeva New P.T. College
- David's Career Hub
- Zet English Coaching Centre
- Universal Coaching centre
- Competition Guru
- Movinggears Education
- The Target Competitive Classes
- Maa Sharda Coaching Centre
- Quantum Classes
- Vidya Mandir
can i know the upcoming notification for ssc je and rrb je?
As per the previous schedule the SSC JE was scheduled to be held between 31st March to 2nd April but because of the outbreak it has been postponed till further notice.
The notice was released by the official website of SSC on 21st March.
ssc je k liye kya kya krna hai
Hello Aspirant !
I will suggest you to :
- Go through the syllabus for the exam on the official website of SSC( https://ssc.nic.in/ ). This will give you a general idea of the topics you need to prepare. This will give you more time to prepare topics that you know nothing about instead of keeping these till the end when you might be tempted to completely skip that topic!
- The next step is to get the appropriate books to start your preparation. (If you want any suggestion for book please ask)
- Make a study schedule starting with topics you don’t know at all and then mix it up with one familiar topic a week. This will help you to not overburden yourself with something new every day.
- In case you have a doubt in any topics, don’t keep it pending till the last day. Clear your doubts while you still have them.
- Time management applies not only to the time you take out to study but also on how you utilize those 4-5 hours every day.
- Work on your speed . Your success in clearing the test depends on those 2 hours that you will be writing the paper.
- Practice more to improve your speed. Every time you solve a question put yourself on a timer and try to beat your score each time you do it.
- Practice previous years question papers and answer them like you are attempting the real exam. Give yourself 2 hours and try to finish within that time.
Hope it Helps!
All the best:)
when will release next notification for SSC JE ?
The Staff Selection Commission released a notification on March 19, 2020 stating that the SSC JE Examination 2019-2020 paper I scheduled to commence from March 30th, is being postponed owing to the massive spread of Coronavirus (Covid-19) in India.
SSC JE schedule:
SSC JE Notification-August 2020
SSC JE Online application-August 4th, 2020 September 3rd, 2020
Paper I (Computer-based exam)-February 2021
Paper-II (Conventional)-To be notified
Result declaration (Tentative)-To be notified
Hello guys, Now Im pursuing Diploma in mechanical engineering. Im from Jharkhand I want to clear SSC JE exam my question is.. please give me some useful ideas about how to prepare. Suggest me some best books please I will really grateful for help
SSC JE is a popular exam among diploma candidates and lot of candidates dream to crack this exam.
So, first thing you need to go through its syllabus and past year question papers.
The exam consists of question from sections like English, Aptitude, Hindi and General Knowledge/Current Affairs.These sections are basis and you need a prepare 3 to 4 months to have a good grip on question from this and after completion just skip to you technical portion part.
Remember that going through year questions is very important so download them and solve.
Technical part is very important so most of focus should be on that side.
Books that you will need :
Books for Aptitude & Reasoning
- A Modern Approach to Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning by S.Chand
- A New Approach to Reasoning Verbal & Non Verbal by Arihant
Books for General Awareness
- General Knowledge Overview with Current Affairs by Upkar
- Follow daily news and updates from any websites or YouTube videos.
Books for Manufacturing Drawing
- Manufacturing Process II by Sharma &Bhatnagar
- Manufacturing Technology by M.M. Rao
- Foundry Technology by Sinha & Goel
Books for Meteorology and Measuring Instruments
- Meteorology & measuring Instrument by Bhatnagar S
- Measurement, Meteorology and Control by Vikram Sharma
- Mechanical Measurement and Instrument by Rajput R.K
Books for Computer Graphics & Computer Aided Design
- Computer Graphics by Bhatia P.K
- Basics of Computer Aided Geometric Design by M. Ganesh
- Computer Aided Analysis and Design by Srinivasa Prakash
- Books for Strength of Materials & Hydraulics
- Strength of Materials by Rajput R. K
- Fluid Mechanics by Vijay Gupta & Gupta S.K
- Strength of Materials by Ramamarutham S
- Hydraulics & Hydraulic Machines by Jagdish Lal
Books for Engineering Materials & Material Science
- Material & Materials Science by Bhatnagar S.K
- Materials Science & Processes by Hajra Choudhury S.K
- Textbook of Material Science by R.K. Rajput
Books for Thermal Engineering
- Thermal Engineering by Bhatnagar S.K
- Thermal Engineering by Ballaney P.L
Books for Theory of Machines
- Machine Design Data Book by Jadon V.K
- Design of Machine Elements by Rao T. Krishna
- Foundry Technology by Sinha & Goel
- Manufacturing Process II by Sharma & Bhatnagar
- Manufacturing System Engineering by Hitomi
Books for Machine Tool Technology
- Machine Tool Technology by Hazara and Chaudhary
Books for Design and Estimation
- Design and Estimating by Sharma P.C
Books for Production Technology
- Production Engineering & Science by Pandey & Singh
- Automobile Engineering by Singh Kirpal
- Objective I.C. Engines & Automobile Engineering by Poonia M.P
Books for Industrial Management
- Industrial Management and Entrepreneurship Development by Bhatnagar & Jain
Books for Production Automation
- Computer Aided Manufacturing by Visal S
Books for Corporate Communication
- Business Communication by Chhabra T.N
Mentioned above are the books which you can use in preparation.A dedicated 1 years of preparation is enough to crack this exam.Be disciplined and consistent.