GPSC Syllabus 2020 - Download GPSC Prelims & Mains Syllabus, Preparation Tips
GPSC Syllabus 2020 - Gujarat Public Service Commission (GPSC) prescribes the official GPSC 2020 syllabus in the official notification. Candidates can check the syllabus of GPSC pdf file in online mode at website - gpsc.gujarat.gov.in. Applicants should note that the GPSC syllabus 2020 is separate for prelims and mains stage hence it should be prepared accordingly. Along with knowing the syllabus one should also know the GPSC exam pattern as both compliments each other in the preparation of the exam. The GPSC exam is conducted in three stages -prelims, mains and interview. Read below given article to know more details of GPSC syllabus, marking scheme, exam pattern and other details.
Stages of GPSC Syllabus 2020
GPSC Prelims Syllabus
GPSC Mains Syllabus
GPSC Interview syllabus
GPSC Prelims Syllabus for Paper 1
GPSC Prelims Paper 1 Syllabus
2. Vedic age- Jainism and Buddhism.
3. Foreign invasions on India and their impact.
4. The Mauryan and the Gupta Empire- their administration- social, religious and economic conditions-art, architecture, literature, science and technology.
5. Kanishka , Harsha and South Indian Dynasties.
6. The Delhi Sultanate, Vijaynagar Empire and the Mughal Empire.
7. The Bhakti Movement and Sufism.
8. The Chavada, Solanki and Vaghela Dynasties of Gujarat- their rulers - administration, economy, society, , literature, religion, arts and architecture.
9. Independent Sultanate of Gujarat – Sultan Ahmed Shah I, Mahmud Begda and Bahadur Shah.
10. Gujarat under the Mughals and the Marathas, Gaekwad’s rule in Baroda- Walker’s Settlement.
11. The European Trading companies in India- their struggle for supremacy- with special reference to Bengal, Hyderabad, Mysore and Marathas,
12. Governor-Generals and Viceroys.
13. Indian war of Independence of 1857 - Origin, nature, causes, consequences and significance with special reference to Gujarat. 14. Religious and social Reform Movements in the 19th Century in India and Gujarat.
15. India’s Freedom Movement, Revolutionaries in India and abroad.
16. Reform measures by the Princely States of Saurashtra, Kutch and Gujarat with special reference to Sayajirao Gaekwad III of Baroda, Bhagwatsinhji of Gondal, Waghji-II of Morbi, Bhavsinhji II of Bhavnagar, Lakhajiraj of Rajkot and Ranjitsinh of Nawanagar.
17. Mahatma Gandhi, his thoughts, principles and philosophy. Important Satyagrahas with special reference to Satyagrahas of Gujarat - Kheda, Borsad, Bardoli, Dharasana, Dholera, Rajkot and Limbadi.
18. The Role of Sardar Patel in freedom movement and post independence consolidation.
19. Dr. B.R. Ambedkar, his life and contribution to making of Indian Constitution. 20. India after Independence - Reorganization of the States within the country, MahaGujarat Movement, Major events.
1. Cultural Heritage of India and Gujarat: Art forms, Literature, Sculpture and Architecture. 2. Indian saint tradition and its impact on the psyche of people.
3. Indian lifestyle, Fairs, Festivals, Food, Costumes and Traditions.
4. Indian Music and its importance.
5. Gujarat’s Museums, Activities of Libraries, Cultural-Religious and Literary importance.
6. Language and dialects of Gujarat.
7. Gujarati Theatre: Drama, songs and different groups.
8. Life of Adivasi (Tribes): Festivals, Fair, Costumes, Rituals etc.
9. Gujarati Literature: Modes, Streams, Litterateurs and Literary Organizations.
10. Pilgrimage and Tourist Places of Gujarat.
Constitution, Polity, Social Justice and International Relations
General Mental Ability
GPSC Prelims Syllabus for Paper 2
GPSC Prelims Paper 2 Syllabus
2. Physical Geography: World, India and Gujarat : Major physical divisions, Earthquakes, climatic changes and regions, landslides, Natural drainage, Monsoon, Natural Vegetation, Parks and Sanctuaries, Major Soil types, Rocks and Minerals.
3. Social Georaphy: World, India and Gujarat : distribution, density, growth, Sex-ratio, Literacy, SC and ST Population, Occupational Structure, Rural-Urban components, Racial, tribal, religious and linguistic groups, urbanization, migration and metropolitan regions.
4. Economic Geography : World, India and Gujarat: Major sectors of economy, Agriculture, Industry and Services, their salient features. Basic Industries-Agro, mineral, forest, fuel and manpower based Industries, Transport and Trade, Pattern and Issues.
Indian Economy and Planning
Science and Technology
Current Events of Regional, National and International Importance
GPSC Mains Syllabus 2020
Aspirants can check the exam pattern of the GPSC mains exam given below.
GPSC Paper 1 – Gujarati
GPSC Paper 2 – English
GPSC Paper 3 – Essay
GPSC Paper 4 – General Studies 1
GPSC Paper 5 – General Studies 2
GPSC Paper 6 – General Studies 3
To check the GPSC Mains Syllabus pdf applicants can Download Here
GPSC Preparation Tips 2020
Solve previous year question papers.
Have an idea about GPSC exam pattern
Prepare a study schedule
Know GPSC cut off marks to qualify the exam
Follow only standard books to complete the syllabus
Make your own notes, so that revision will be easy during eleventh hours.
Frequently Asked Question (FAQs) - GPSC Syllabus 2020 - Download GPSC Prelims & Mains Syllabus, Preparation Tips
Question: Where can I download the GPSC syllabus pdf file?
Applicants can download the syllabus from the official website gpsc.gujarat.gov.in.
Question: How many papers will be in the GPSC exam of prelims stage?
There will be two papers in the GPSC prelims exam.
Question: What is the GPSC syllabus?
As per the syllabus of GPSC 2020 there will be certain subjects i.e History, Geography, Polity, Mental Ability, Economy, Art and Culture etc.
Question: Is it mandatory to know Gujrati language to appear in the GPSC exam?
Yes, it is mandatory to know Gujrati language to appear and qualify the exam