CTET Eligibility Criteria 2018 – CBSE has decided the eligibility criteria of CTET 2018 for the candidates who wish to appear for the exam. The eligibility criteria of CTET 2018 include details related to nationality/citizenship, age, educational qualification, number of attempts, etc. Before filling the application form, candidates must go through the CTET eligibility criteria carefully to avoid rejection in the later stages of selection process. All those candidates who fulfill the eligibility criteria can fill the online CTET application form. The CTET eligibility criteria 2018 is different for paper I and Paper II i.e, primary and elementary stages.
Paper I or the primary stage exam is held for the recruitment of the teachers for class 1 to 5, whereas, the elementary stage (Paper II) is conducted for the recruitment of the candidates as teachers for class 6 to 8.
CTET 2018 Eligibility Criteria (Related to age)
Candidates must have acquired 17 years of age to be eligible to appear for CTET 2018.
There is no upper age limit.
CTET Eligibility Criteria 2018 pertaining to educational qualification
Requirements for CTET
CTET eligibility for primary Stage
(for class 1 to 5)
CTET eligibility for elementary stage (for class 6 to 8)
- Candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC/Differently abled category will be given a relaxation up to 5% in the qualifying marks.
- A Diploma/Degree course in teacher education must be recognized by the National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE), while Diploma in Education (Special Education) and B.ED (Special Education), should be recognized by the Rehabilitation Council of India (RCI).
- Candidates having D.Ed (Special Education) qualification have to undergo a 6-months Special Programme in Elementary Education, recognised by NCTE. This training would be held after after the appointment.
- The minimum qualification mentioned above is applicable in case of teachers of Languages like Social Studies/Social Science, Mathematics, Science etc., whereas teachers for Physical Education will have different qualification norms mentioned in NCTE Regulation, November, 3. 2001. For teachers of Art Education, Craft Education, Home Science, Work Education, etc. the existing eligibility norms prescribed by the State Governments and other schoo managements shall be applicable.
- Candidates pursuing any of the teacher education courses (recognized by the NCTE or the RCI) mentioned in the NCTE Notification of July 29, 2011 are eligible for appearing in the CTET.
- If candidates are allowed to appear in CTET, it does not mean that their eligibility has been verified. Their eligibility shall be finally verified, by the concerned recruiting agency/appointing authority.
A candidate who fulfills the eligibility criteria of CTET 2018 can fill the application form. Aspiring candidates can fill the online application form of CTET 2018 from June 22 to July 19. Application Form of CTET 2018 should be filled by the candidate with all the correct details and upload the required documents. They also have to pay the application fee.
FAQs regarding CTET eligibility criteria 2018
Q. How many times can I take CTET exam?
Ans. Till now, there is no limit decided by the conducting body about the number of attempts for CTET. You can appear for the CTET exam as many times as you want untill you succeed.
Q. I was born in January 2001. Am I eligible to appear for CTET 2018?
Ans. Candidates must not be less than 17 years of age. As you were born in the year 2001, you fulfill the eligibility criteria of CTET 2018.
Q. I have scored 47% marks in senior secondary exams. Am I eligible to appear for the primary stage (Paper I) of CTET exam 2018?
Ans. You will be eligible for CTET 2018 only if you have scored more than 45% marks in the senior secondary exam and also hold two-year diploma degree in the Elementary Education or must be appearing in the first year of it. But, if you are pursuing a two-year diploma course in the Elementary Education in accordance with NCTE, you require 50% marks in a Senior secondary examination to be eligible to appear for CTET 2018.