Rajasthan Assistant Engineer Exam (Rajasthan AE Exam)
About Rajasthan AE Exam 2019
Rajasthan Public Service Commission conducts RPSC Assistant Engineer (AE) for all the aspiring candidates. Those who have a degree in Civil/Electrical/Mechanical Engineering from a recognised University established by law in India or qualifications declared equivalent by the State Government can apply for RPSC AE. The exam is conducted in three stages - preliminary, main, and interview. All the eligible candidates will have to qualify in all the stages of the recruitment process in order to get recruited as Assistant Engineer in Rajasthan.
Rajasthan AE Exam 2019 Highlights
|Full Exam Name||Rajasthan Assistant Engineer Exam|
|Short Exam Name||Rajasthan AE Exam|
|Conducting Body||Rajasthan Public Service Commission|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Application Fee (General)||350 Rs [Online]|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|Mode of Counselling||Rajasthan AE Exam Mains Exam offline|
|Rajasthan AE Exam Prelims - Duration||4 Hours|
Rajasthan AE Exam 2019 Eligibility Criteria
Rajasthan Public Service Commission formulates and prescribes the Rajasthan AE exam eligibility criteria. Only the eligible candidates would be allowed to appear in the Rajasthan Assistant Engineer Exam.
Following are the Rajasthan Assistant Engineer exam eligibility criteria-
1> Candidates must be an Indian citizen
2> Educational Qualification:
Panchayati Raj Department Eligibility-
A valid degree in Civil/Agriculture Engineering from a recognised University established by law in India or qualifications declared equivalent thereto by the State Government.
Eligibility Criteria for other Departments-
A valid degree in Civil/Electrical/Mechanical Engineering from a recognised University established by law in India or qualifications declared equivalent thereto by the State Government.
3> Working knowledge of Hindi written in Devnagri Script and knowledge of Rajasthani Culture is a mandate.
4> Age Limit - For General/Unreserved category candidates should be at least 21 years of age to be able to write the preliminary exam. The upper limit is 40 years irrespective of gender (Male, Female, and Transgender). However, there is relaxation in the upper limit for the SC/ST/ OBC-Rajasthan Domicile and SC/ ST (PH) candidates by five (5) years and fifteen (15) years respectively.
Rajasthan AE Exam 2019 Application Process
Mode of Application : Online
Mode of Payment : Net Banking | Credit Card | Debit Card | Other
Rajasthan Public Service Commission, the exam conducting authority of Rajasthan AE combined competitive exam releases the application form of Rajasthan Assistant Engineers exam in the online mode. Aspirants need to duly fill the online form, upload photograph and pay the requisite application fee successfully.
For the candidates' convenience, the following Online Application/Edit Process with e-Mitra/CSC/Online payment mechanism
How to fill the Rajasthan AE Combined Competitive Examination Application form
- Log on to the official website of Rajasthan PSC.
- Click on the tab 'Application Form' & choose the desired post
- Prior to filling the online application of Rajasthan AE exam, candidates should carefully read and tally their eligibility criteria to avoid chances of cancellation of the application form.
- Click on tab "online application" to fill the application form in online mode.
- Candidates would be directed to a page where they have to select 'apply online' (For New Users). For already registered candidates, they can just opt for the tab 'Sign In' by using their application number and password sent to their registered phone number Email ID/Mobile number.
- Candidates need to fill in all the required information in tab 'First Screen' and click on 'Submit' to move further.
- Upload a recent photo and scanned signature.
- Application fee should be paid via online mode. After the payment, candidates will be allowed to submit the online application form of Rajasthan AE Exam 2019.
- Post submission, print copies of the online application should be taken for future correspondence.
- Once the payment is realised, the application process is considered to be successfully completed.
|General||Online||Transgender, Female, Male||₹ 350|
|OBC||Online||Transgender, Female, Male||₹ 250|
|SC, ST||Online||Transgender, Female, Male||₹ 150|
Rajasthan AE Exam 2019 Syllabus
General knowledge and general science including general knowledge of Rajasthan its geography, economy and culture
History and culture
Economic developments with special reference to Rajasthan
Geography and natural resources
Engineering materials and construction technology
Soil/ geotechnical engineering
Reinforced concrete structures
Fluid mechanics including hydrology and irrigation
Public health engineering
Highway and bridges
Electrical measurement and instrumentation
Electronics and communication
Microprocessor systems and computer
Theory of machines
Strength of materials
Industrial engineering and management
Fluid mechanics and trubomachines
Surveying, leveling and land development
Soil and water conservation
Farm power and machinery
Farm electrification and rural hosing
Social aspects of engineering
Rural economy, poverty, unemployment, exodus to urban areas, land acquisition act
Globalisation of economy
Financing methods of infrastructure projects
Technology for rural and desert areas, characteristic of desert areas, thar desert , desertification and its control, sand dunes stabilisation
Rural energy needs, deforestation, modern solar appliances, challenges in solar power and wind power generation and their connection to grid
PMGSY project right to information act-its provisions
Technology assessment and transfer
Human relations in industry and industrial laws
Project planning, appraisal and feasibility
Environmental degradation and resource depletion
Rajasthan AE Exam 2019 Exam Pattern
Rajasthan AE Exam Prelims Exam Pattern
The Preliminary examination is conducted by the Rajasthan Public Service Commission for screening candidates for the Main exam and the Personal Interview/Viva. Following are the specification of Rajasthan AE exam -
- Mode of Examination- Offline
- Type of Questions- Objective type questions
- Total Marks allotted - 400 (Section A: 200 + Section B: 200)
- Number of Sections - Two ( A- Compulsory and B- Optional)
- Total Duration - 4 hours (Section A: 2 hours + Section B: 2 hours)
- Negative Marking- 1/3 part of the mark(s) of each question will be deducted for each incorrect answer.
Section - A: Compulsory Paper
- General knowledge & General Science
- General knowledge of Rajasthan its Geography, Economy and Culture
Section- B: List of Optional Papers:- (Candidates need to choose any one paper )
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Agricultural Engineering
Rajasthan AE Exam Mains Exam Pattern
Rajasthan PSC conducts the main examination for the candidates who qualify the preliminary exam. After the main exam, the selection procedure draws a conclusion with the round of personal interview. Following are the specification of Rajasthan AE exam main examination-
- Mode of Examination- Offline
- Type of Questions- Subjective Type Questions
- Total Marks allotted - 600
- Number of Papers - Four (Two Compulsory Papers and Two Optional Papers)
- Number of Sections - Two (A- Compulsory and B- Optional)
- Total Duration - 12 hours (Section A: 6 hours + Section B: 6 hours)
- Negative Marking- Yes. 1/3 part of the mark(s) of each question will be deducted for each incorrect answer.
Section - A: Compulsory Paper
- Paper I - Hindi - 100 marks: Time -Three hours
- Paper II - Social aspects of Engineering - 100 marks - Time- Three hours
Section- B: List of Optional Papers:- (Candidates need to choose any one subject)
Each subject will have two papers of 200 marks each (Total-400 marks) and the duration of each paper is three (3 x 2 = 6 hours) hours.
- Paper III - Civil / Electrical/ Mechanical /Agricultural Engineering: 200 marks: Time -Three (3) hours.
- Paper IV - Civil / Electrical/ Mechanical /Agricultural Engineering: 200 marks: Time -Three (3) hours.
The standard of all the mentioned papers will be that of a Bachelor's Degree level except for the paper on Hindi which will be of Senior Secondary academic level.
Rajasthan AE Exam 2019 Admit Card
Rajasthan AE Exam Prelims Admit Card
Rajasthan PSC releases the web link for downloading the e-admit card for the preliminary exam of Rajasthan AE combined competitive exam on the official website. Candidates who successfully apply for the RPSC AE exam can download their admit card. The Rajasthan AE exam admit card should be carried on the day of examination at the exam hall/centre. No admit card will be sent to candidates via post, it can only be downloaded online.
Rajasthan AE Exam Mains Admit Card
Rajasthan PSC issues the online admit card of Rajasthan AE main exam to only those candidates who have successfully filled the application form of the main exam and qualified the preliminary exam as well. The Rajasthan AE exam admit card should be carried on the day of the main examination at the exam centre.
Rajasthan AE Exam 2019 Exam Centers
Documents Required at Exam
- Admit card
- Aadhaar card
- Pan card
- Voter card
Rajasthan AE Exam 2019 Answer Key
Rajasthan AE Exam Prelims Answer Key
Rajasthan Public Service Commission (RPSC) releases the RPSC Assistant Engineer preliminary exam answer key after few days after the completion of the exam. The answer key is released for test takers to get an estimate of their probable scores and understand their chances of getting selected in the Rajasthan AE Main examination.
Steps to check the Rajasthan AE (Assistant Engineer) Preliminary Answer Key
- Visit the official website of Rajasthan Public Service Commission.
- Look for the 'RPSC AE' answer key link on the home page.
- Click the solved paper according to sets pertaining to the Main Examination
- For further use, save the answer key of RPSC AE exam.
Rajasthan AE Exam Mains Answer Key
Rajasthan Public Service Commission (RPSC) releases the RPSC Assistant Engineer exam answer key a few days after the completion of the exam. The officials of Rajasthan PSC release the answer key of all set of question papers like Set A, B, C and D for RPSC AE exam. Candidates can estimate the probable scores to be obtained by them in the written exam before the formal announcement of Rajasthan AE examination.
How to check and download Rajasthan AE (Assistant Engineer) Answer Key?
- Visit the official website of Rajasthan Public Service Commission.
- Look for the 'RPSC AEN' answer key link on the home page.
- Click the solved paper according to sets pertaining to the main examination
- For further use, save the answer key of RPSC AE exam or download to make copies, if required.
Rajasthan AE Exam 2019 Result
Rajasthan AE Exam Prelims Result
Rajasthan PSC declares the Rajasthan AE exam result to shortlist candidates for the main and personality and Viva-Voce Examinations. The preliminary examination is nothing but a screening test and the marks secured in the Preliminary examination by the candidates is not included for determining their final order of merit. The result of the preliminary exam allows aspirants to appear in the main examination and subsequent rounds.
Rajasthan AE Exam Mains Result
- Rajasthan PSC declares the Rajasthan AE exam main exam result after conducting the offline exam. Candidates should note that the marks secured in the preliminary examination by them is not included for determining their final order of merit. The result of the main exam is followed by the interview round. Candidates who secure the minimum qualifying marks in the written test of the main examination as decided by RPSC in their discretion will be called for the interview.
Test takers should obtain a minimum of 35 per cent marks in each of the two compulsory papers and a minimum of 40 percent marks in aggregate to be called by the Rajasthan PSC for the interview which carries 72 marks.
Rajasthan AE Exam 2019 Selection Process
Rajasthan AE Exam Mains Selection Process
The selection process comprises two distinct stages. Those are-
- Main Examination
- Personality/Interview/Viva-Voce Examination
Rajasthan Public Service Commission award marks to each candidate interviewed by them. During the interview, apart from the related questions, candidates also evaluated on their moral character, personality, address and physique; marks will be awarded for candidates' knowledge of Rajasthani culture as well. The marks so given shall be added to the marks obtained in the main examination by each candidate.
Credits will be rendered for precise, effective and perfect expression combined with the right choice of words in all subjects of the Rajasthan AE examination.
Documents Required at Counselling
Rajasthan AE Exam Mains Documents Required
- Academic certificates (10th, 12th, graduation degree)
- Photo ID Proof