SSC CGL Question Papers 2019 – Candidates aspiring to appear in SSC Combined Graduate Level (CGL) examination should exhaustively practice previous years’ question papers of SSC CGL. With the help of SSC CGL question papers 2019, candidates can understand the subjects, topics, important sections, difficulty level and structure of the examination, etc. Solving previous years’ question papers will help candidates know their weaker areas. Candidates should practice SSC CGL question papers 2019 on a daily basis to refine their question-solving ability and also to improve their time management skills. The question papers of previous years will help candidates perform better in the examination.
SSC CGL is held in four tiers – Tier 1, 2, 3 and 4. SSC conducts CGL examination to recruit candidates for Group B and C posts in various ministries/departments/organizations.
Download SSC CGL Question Papers
Benefits of Solving SSC CGL Question Papers 2019
Candidates should solve question papers of SSC CGL to become familiar with the type of questions, difficulty level, sections, topics and units required for the examination
- Solving previous years question papers will help candidates understand the exam pattern for the exam better including marking scheme, total questions asked in the examination, etc.
- The question papers of SSC CGL 2019 help candidates understand the subjects and topics they are weak at so that they can prepare better for these subjects to improve their overall performance in the exam
- Solving SSC CGL question papers will help candidates analyse their level of preparation
- With the help of the question papers, candidates can improve their question-solving ability and time management skills
- By solving SSC CGL question papers 2019, candidates will be able to prioritise the sections and questions thereby increasing efficiency during the day of exam
Marking Scheme of SSC CGL 2019
Marking Scheme of SSC CGL 2019 – Tier 1
In Tier 1 of SSC CGL 2019, candidates will be awarded two marks for every correct answer. Negative marking is applicable for the exam stage and 1/4th (0.5) marks of the total marks allotted for each question will be deducted for incorrect responses. However, if a question is left unattempted by candidates, no marks will be deducted against the question. Candidates providing more than one option against a question will be considered as incorrect and marks will be deducted for such answers.
SSC CGL 2019 Marking Scheme - Tier 2
Tier 2 of SSC CGL comprises four papers and each of these papers will be conducted for 200 marks. In Paper 1,3 and 4, each question contains 2 marks while every question in Paper 2 carries 1 mark. Since questions of Paper 1,3 and 4 carries 2 marks, 0.5 marks will be deducted for wrong answers. As Paper 2 is conducted for 200 marks and the paper consist of total 200 questions, the Commission will deduct 0.25 marks for each incorrect answer attempted by a candidate.
SSC CGL 2019 Marking Scheme - Tier 3 and Tier 4
Tier 3 is a descriptive test and carries 100 marks while Tier 4 is a skill test and is only qualifying in nature. Therefore, negative marking is not applicable for both the stages of the exam.
SSC CGL 2019 - Important Topics for Tier 1
The important topics of SSC CGL for Tier 1 have been provided below.
SSC CGL 2019 for Tier 1 - Important Topics
General Intelligence/ Reasoning
General Awareness/ General Knowledge
Static General Knowledge (Indian History, Culture etc.)
Phrases and Idioms
One word substitution
Active/ Passive voice
Read More: SSC CGL Syllabus 2019