MAHA TET 2019 - Maharashtra State Council of Examination (MSCE) is expected to conduct MAHA TET exam in July to determine the eligibility to be teachers in class I-VIII. Maha TET 2019 will have two papers i.e. paper 1 for candidates willing to teach class I-V and paper 2 for candidates willing to teach class VI-VIII. MSCE will announce the result of Maha TET in August/September 2019. Candidates can read all the details of the MAHA TET 2019 exam such as the application process, eligibility criteria, admit card and other details as given in the article below.
In 2018, around 3 lakh candidates had appeared for the exam. To become a teacher for Class I to V (Lower Primary Teacher) and Class VI to VIII (Upper Primary Teacher), candidates must appear in MAHA TET 2019. Qualified candidates will be issued a TET eligibility certificate, valid for a period of 7 years.
Maharashtra Teacher Eligibility Test
Exam Conducting Body
Maharashtra State Examination Council, Pune
MSCE will release the complete schedule of events for MAHA TET 2019 along with the notification. Check the important dates of MAHA TET 2019 from the table below.
MAHA TET 2019 Events
Commencement of Maha TET 2019 application form
Last date to apply for MAHA TET 2019
Release Date of Maha TET admit card
Maha TET 2019 written exam
July 2019 (Two sessions)
MAHA TET 2019 Answer Key
Result of Maharashtra TET
Dispatch of Marks Card/Certificate
To be notified
To download the answer key of MAHA TET 2018 for paper 1 and 2 click on the links below:
MSCE will decide the eligibility criteria for applicants of Maha TET 2019. The minimum educational and professional qualifications and teacher qualification exams are compulsory for all primary teachers (for classes 1 to 8) in the state.
Educational and Professional Qualification-
1. Passing the Higher Secondary (or equivalent) examination with minimum 50% marks in recognized board and two-year Diploma in Primary Education in the recognized institution (DTED) (given any name)
2. Passing a Higher Secondary (or equivalent) examination with minimum 45% marks in a recognized board as per National Council for Teacher Education (Regulations, 2002) and passed the two-year Diploma in Primary Education in a recognized institution. (If there is a name given to it).
3. Passing the Higher Secondary (or equivalent) examination with minimum 50% marks of a recognized board and passed the recognized institution, four years of Bachelor of Elementary Education
4. Passing the Higher Secondary (or equivalent) examination with minimum 50% marks in the recognized Board of Examination and the recognized institution of education science, two-year Diploma in Education (Special Education)
5. The degree of accredited University and the teaching institution of a recognized institution passed a two-year diploma (given that name).
1. Passing two-year Diploma in Accredited University's Elementary Education and Accredited Institution (if any given name).
2. Passing a degree examination with minimum 45% marks in recognized university as per the National Council of Teacher Education (Regulations, 2002), and passing a year's Bachelor in Education Any name given to it)
3. Passing the Higher Secondary (or equivalent) examination with minimum marks of 50% marks in the approved examination board and four years of Bachelor of Elementary Education.
4. Passing the Higher Secondary (or equivalent) examination with a minimum of 50% marks in the approved examination board and four-year B.A. / B.Sc.Ed. or BAEd./B.Sc.Ed. Passed.
5. The degree of recognized University with minimum 50% marks and one year of approved University B.Ed. (Special Education) passed the degree.
6. Passing a Degree Examination in Horticulture and Crop Science and Health Care Medical Services Group in Croup and Pre-School Management and a one-year degree in recognized university's academia.
The application process of Maha TET 2019 will start in online mode. To appear in the exam have to submit their online application form before the last date. Any applications submitted after the last date of online registration or sent through post or email will not be accepted by the commission.
All the applicants to first complete the online registration process before filling up the application form.
Step 1 - Online registration - Select the checkbox next to "I have read all the above instructions and want to fill an application for the Teacher Eligibility Examination," and click the "New Registration" button to fill out the registration form. Registration ID; Password for login over registered email/mobile.
Applicant's First Name / Last Name / Birth Date / Gender / Mobile Number / Email ID
After filling the above information correctly, click on the "Submit" button. The TET registration number and password of the candidate will be sent only on the e-mail ID and mobile number mentioned in the registration form.
The registered mobile number and e-mail ID cannot be used for re-registration.
Step-2 - Fill the application form - Name the applicant's last name, first name, father's name and mother's name. If there is a change in the name, give the information about the name changed.
Step 3 – Uploading of Photograph and Signature – Below are the guidelines for uploading photo and signature.
3.5 cm X 4.5 cm. 100 KB colour photo scan.
Scan image cropping up to photo border. Make sure that the image fits within 5 KB to 100 KB.
3.5 cm X 4.5 cm. The square of the square should be clearly marked on black paper in which a black ink pen is clearly signed.
Scanned and cropped pages in 50 KB. Make sure the image of the signatures fit from 2 KB to 50 KB.
Step 4 – Preview of application form - Click on the preview tab to see the information in a filled application. Make sure the information on the screen is accurate. Click on the "Edit" button at the end of the screen and make any necessary changes and click on the Preview button again to confirm the information on the screen is correct and click the "Submit" button.
No change can be made in the application after the applicant has successfully filled the online examination fee. After that, no request/application for change of information in the application will not be considered.
Step 5 - Payment of Online Examination Fees – Candidates had to make payment online using their credit card, debit card and ATM PIN, Internet Banking, Wallet / Cash Card and UPI. Offline modes are not accepted by the authority.
Paper 1 or paper 2
Paper – 1 and Paper - 2 (both)
General, E.M., V.M.And viz./ Bhaj
Rs. 500 / -
SC, ST and Handicapped(Differently abled person)
Rs. 250 / -
Rs. 400 / -
Step 6 - Application Print - Take out the print out of completed MAHATET application form
The admit card for both the papers of MAHA TET 2019 will be issued by MSCE. The admit card of MAHA TET will be available online and the council will not send the admit card of any candidate by post or email. The link to download the admit card has been hosted on this page. Candidates have to enter their registration number and password to download Maha TET admit card. Along with a print out of their admit card candidates have to carry an identity proof.
MAHA TET was held at two levels.
Primary level (Paper I)
Upper Primary Level
Both papers are mandatory for teachers who want to teach at both primary and upper primary level.
Total Marks of the question paper is 150 and the duration of the question paper 2 hours 30 minutes. There will be five topics in Paper 1 that are Child Development and Pedagogy, Language – I, Language–II, Mathematics, Environmental Studies. Each section will contain 30 questions. Questions asked in the examination will be of 1 mark each. There are no negative markings.
Subject (All Subjects Compulsory)
Pedagogy and pedagogy
Total Marks of the question paper is 150 and the duration of the question paper 2 hours 30 minutes. There were five sections of Child Development and Pedagogy, Language – I, Language–II, Mathematics, and Science(For Maths; Science Teachers), Social Studies/Social Science(For Social; Sciences Teachers). No negative marking.
A) Mathematics and scienceOrB) Social Studies
MSCE will release the answer keys of Maha TET 2019 paper 1 and 2 by August 2019. The MAHA TET answer key and response sheet will be released in two phases i.e. provisional and final. The answer key will contain the correct answers to all the questions asked in the exam. Candidates will also be able to challenge the provisional answer key if they have valid proof that a particular question/answer is wrong. The final answer key will be released after considering all the objections raised by the candidates. The answer key of Maha TET 2019 will help the candidates to calculate their estimated scores.
Bengali / Gujarati / Telugu / Sindhi / Kannada / Hindi
Marathi or English
Pedagogy and pedagogyIn this section, questions will be based on academic psychology and study process for the age group of 6 to 11 years. The topics related to Pedagogy are - the special needs of children, their qualities, school interaction, good teacher quality. Questions will be based on teaching methodology of different subjects, evaluation methodology.
MathematicsThe questions related to mathematics will be based on the basic understanding of mathematics, logic, problem solving and pedagogical knowledge of mathematics.Campus exercisesThe topics related to the study area will be based on the basic understanding of history, civics, geography, general science, environment and pedagogical knowledge of this subject.
3) Pedagogy and pedagogy:The questions asked in relation to this subject are related to academic psychology and the study process of 11-14 years of age students. The questions will be prepared based on children with special needs, their qualities, school interaction, and quality teacher qualities. It will also include questions based on teaching methodology of different subjects, evaluation methodology.4 a) Mathematics and Science Subject Group -The topics related to these subject areas are related to the basic understanding of science and math, problem-solving ability, teaching of mathematics and science, and classical knowledge.Class 6th to 8th course of relevant subject matter in the prevailing primary education course will be applicable.4 b) Social science subject group - An important concept of social science, intentions and pedagogical knowledge.Preferred primary education courses etc.courses related to the subject of the 6th to the 8th course will continue.
MSCE will declare the result of MAHA TET 2019 written exam in October 2019. The result will be declared online and candidates have to login with their registration number and password to check their result. Candidates had to secure a at least 60% and above marks in paper I and II as per their choice to qualify. MSCE will issue the TET eligibility certificate to candidates qualifying according to the standards of the council.
MAHA TET cutoff can be defined as the minimum scores which all the candidates have to secure in order to qualify the exam. The cutoff for MAHA TET 2019 will be released separately for both papers I and II. MSCE will fix the cutoff scores depending on the requirement and the factors affecting the cutoff scores. Candidates securing marks as per the cutoff will be declared qualified and get shortlisted for further selection. Check the complete details of Maha TET cutoff from the given link.
Below are some of the frequently asked questions regarding MAHA TET:
Q. MAHA TET will be conducted in how many Mediums?
Ans: MAHA TET 2019 will be conducted in Marathi, English, Urdu, Bengali, Gujarati, Telugu, Sindhi, Kannad and Hindi.
Q. What is the criteria for fee concession?
Ans: Candidates must be domicile of Maharashtra &; their caste should be SC or ST. Any disabled candidate with more than 40% Disability are also eligible.
Q. Is there any age limit to apply for the MAHA TET exam?
Ans: No there is no age limit to apply for MAHA TET exam.
Q. Can I use previously used Email ID / Mobile number for another Registration?
Ans: No, the candidate cannot use previously used Email ID or Mobile number for another registration. The Email ID &; Mobile number will be unique for each registration. The candidate shall use a different Email ID &; Mobile number for Re-registration.
Q. Do I need to register separately for Paper-I &; Paper-II?
Ans: No, candidates need to register separately for Paper-I &; Paper-II. Candidate can apply for Both the Papers through single application form by selecting ‘For Both’ option in the dropdown of ‘Level of Application’ Section.
Q. Is Aadhaar Card mandatory field during application form fill up?
Ans: Yes, candidates will have to either provide valid Aadhaar card number or Aadhaar Enrolment number.
Your brochure has been successfully mailed to your registered email id .
The Question containing Inaapropriate or Abusive Words
Question lacks the basic details making it difficult to answer
Topic Tagged to the Question are not relevant to Question
Question drives traffic to external sites for promotional or commercial purposes
The Question is not relevant to User
Regular exam updates, QnA, Predictors, College Applications & E-books now on your Mobile