CDS Answer Key 2020 -Applicants can check unofficial CDS 2020 answer key for GK, English and Math subjects below this page in online mode on February 3.The answer key of CDS 2020 is released for all sets- set A, B, C and D. Along with CDS answer key 2020 pdf, detailed explanation is also provided. Candidates can check unofficial CDS 1 answer key 2020 by clicking on the link available below in this article. Applicants can use CDS 2020 answer key to calculate their probable score in the exam. However, Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) will release the official answer key of CDS 2020 tentatively in December after the declaration of final result. UPSC will short list candidates in next phase of CDS exam on the basis of marks of written exam. Read complete article to check how to download CDS 1 answer key 2020 with detailed explanation.Latest: CDS Result 2020 Has Been Declared By UPSC On March 23. Candidates can check expected CDS Cut off 2020CDS 2020 exam is conducted for the recruitment of candidates as Commissioned Officers in Indian Navy, Army, and Air Force. By checking CDS 2020 answer key candidates can calculate their marks and predict their chances of qualifying the exam. A total of 7953 candidates have qualified in CDS (1) 2019 exam.
Applicants should note that after the exam will be completed candidates can check unofficial CDS answer key 2020 released by coaching institute from the below mentioned table.
CDS Answer Key 2020 English
CDS Answer Key 2020 English G K
CDS Answer Key 2020 Mathematics
Candidates can check CDS answer key 2020 for GK section here
1. A solution having Ph equal to zero isAns: Highly Acidic2. Which acid is produced in human stomach Ans: Hydrochloric acid3. The unit of force constant K of a spring is Ans: N/m4. BRICS summit 2020 will be hosted byAns: Russia5. Sardar vallabhbhai patel's contribution forAns: Unity and Integrity of India6. World tourism day 2019 host countryAns: Delhi, India7. National water academy is locatedAns: Khadakwasla8. River which does not drain in black seaAns: Volga9. Panchayati raj system is not applicable to which stateAns: Meghalaya10. Formulation of policy in respect to IPR is responsibility isAns: Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade11. Who founded Seva Samiti at Allahabad in 1914 ?Ans: Hridayanath Kunzru12. State of Hyderabad in Deccan official acceded to Indian Union in which year ?Ans: 194813. Hunter Commission (1882) appointed to survey the state of education in India ?Ans: Endorsed the dispatch with greater emphasis on primary education14. Maiden trilateral naval exercise among India, Singapore, and ThailandAns: Port blair15. 11th schedule of constitution of India distributes the power betweenAns: The gram sabha and Panchayat raj16. Power to legislate on all matters relating to elections to Panchayat lies withAns: State Election Commission17. first delimitation commission was set up in India on Ans: 195218. The power of supreme court to decide in the case of a dispute between two or more states is called Ans: Original Jurisdiction19. Hilsa is the national fish of Ans: Bangladesh20. Rustom -2 which was crashed :Ans: Unmanned Aerial Vehicle21. Who among the following is chairman of EAC-PMAns: Bibek Debroy22. College of military engineering affiliated to jawaharlal Nehru University is situated at Ans: Pune23. which among following is not principal language of jammu and kashmirAns: Monpa24. Tattvabodhini sabha was established byAns: Debendranath Tagore in 183925. Gandhi Solar Park is located at Ans: New York26. A bilateral tri-service amphibious military exercise involving the armed forces of India and the United States Ans: Tiger Triumph27. The Global Goalkeeper award is given by Ans: Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation28. Naropa is an annual festival of Ans: Ladakh29. Siyar ul mutakherin written byAns: Ghulam Husain Khan30. Which is added as Fundamental Duty through 86th CAA.Ans: To provide opportunities for education for one's child between age 6 to 14.31. first recipient of dadasaheb phalke awardAns: Devika rani32. Which one of the following is known as energy currency for cellular processAns: ATP33. First enzyme to mixed with food in digestive tract.Ans: Amylase34. Gandhi's Dandi march associated with Ans: Sodium Chloride35. Which article protects a person against double jeopardy ?Ans: Article 2036. Who won best men's award for FIFA 2019Ans: Lionel Messi37. Which travel giants declared itself bankruptAns: Thomas Cook38. Greta thunberg, a teen girl environment activist hails fromAns: Sweden39. Biggest cause of incidence of migration of women in India Ans: Marriage40. Saubhagya, a GOI scheme relates to which of following area Ans: Provide clean cooking fuel to poor households41. Property of sound waves that determines the pitch of sound is its ?Ans: Frequency42. Which of following is not a property of X-ray ?Ans: They are deflected by electric fields43. Which is not true regarding an image formed by a plane mirror ?Ans: It is real image44. In a periscope, the two plane mirrors are kept Ans: An angle of 45 degree to each other45. Which radiations has shortest wavelength ?Ans: Ultraviolet (UV)46. Which animal has a three chambered heart ?Ans: Salamander47. Number of water molecules associated with copper sulfate molecule to form crystal is ?Ans: 548. Silver article becomes black due to :Ans: Silver reacts with sulfur in air to form a coating of silver sulphide49. Correct relation between temperature and kelvin is:Ans: x= 273+y50. Resistivity of a material may be expressed in unit asAns: ohm-cm51. Electromagnetic waves, which are used for satellite communications Ans: Radio waves52. Which of the following endocrine glands is not found in pair in humans ?Ans: Pituitary53. Which cell organelles contains DNA ?Ans: Mitochondrion54. Which one of the following Congress sessions was proclamation of Purna Swaraj ?Ans: Lahore55. Which acts reserved seats for women in Legislatures in accordance with allocation of seats of different communities ?Ans: Government of India Act , 1935
Candidates can check CDS 1 answer key 2020 for English section hereFill in the blanks
1. On his way to the capital, the minister ___ the eminent social worker at his residence. (called on)
2. The fire brigade fought for four hours to ___ the fire in the building (put out)
3. Ravi has proved that he can ___ on his promise by winning the match (carry through)
4. It is best ___ politics when in the classroom (keep out)
5. It shows that she has ____ many years of service (put in)
6. The chairperson said that the group was ___ of time. (running out)
7. If I ___ an angel, I would solve the problems of people. (were)
8. Where there is ____, there is a way (will)
9. The police could not establish how the accident ___ (came about)
10. I ____ my old friend after twenty years (ran into)
1. A paper tiger - Person or organization that appears powerful, but actually is not
2. Lily-livered - Not brave
3. Eat like a bird - Eat very little
4. The dog days - The hottest days
5. A banana republic - A small or poor country with a weak government
6. The pros and cons - The good and bad part parts of a situation
7. Prime the pump - To do something in order to make something succeed
8. The green-eyed monster - Feeling of being jealous
9. Rise to the occasion - To succeed in dealing with a difficult situation
10. Call it a day - Stop doing something
1. Decay - Survival
2. Eloquently - Confusingly
3. Inertia - Activity
4. Philanthropy - Nastiness
5. Compassion - Indifference
6. Tempestuous - Relaxed
7. Wooing - Discouraging
8. Bestowed - Withdrawn
9. Elated - Depressed
10. Charitable - Malevolent
1. Implications- consequences2. Contagious - Transmittable3. Incorporated - Integrate4. Generic - Broad5. Stellar - Extraordinary6. Cliched - Hackneyed7. Vocation - Occupation8. Fatigued - Exhaust9. Aghast - Sad10. Ascertained - Determine
The answer key of CDS 1 and CDS 2 will be published in PDF format. To download CDS answer key 2020, follow the steps mentioned below.
Step 1: Click on the subject-wise CDS answer key links provided on this page
Step 2: PDF file for the answer key of the selected subject will open
Step 3: Cross-check your answers against the correct answers provided
Step 4: Download and save the CDS 2020 answer key for future use
CDS 1 written exam
February 2, 2020
CDS answer key 2020 (official)
CDS 2020 final result
Candidates will be awarded 1 mark for each correct answer.
1/3rd marks will be deducted for every incorrect answer.
Keeping in mind the negative marking, candidates are advised to attempt only those questions that they are confident about. By knowing marking scheme of exam candidates can take maximum benefit CDS set wise answer key 2020.
Calculate Number of Correct and Wrong Attempts
Use the formula: Total Marks = Number of Correct Answers – (Number of Wrong Answers × 0.33)
As per the marking scheme of CDS exam, there is negative marking scheme in exam. CDS 1 answer key 2020 includes correct answers for all the questions asked in exam. Candidates have to first check their attempted correct and incorrect answers as per CDS 2020 answer key. After that add 1 marks for each correct answers and deduct 1/3 marks.
Step 1: Visit official website of UPSC- upsc.gov.in
Step 2: Click on question papers through Online Question Paper Representation Portal (QPRep).
Step 3: Entering basic details and submit challenges.
Applicants should note that for each exam, the commission has fixed a time-frame of 7 days for representation of CDS question papers.
Candidates can check the subject wise answer key for CDS II 2019 here.
CDS Answer Key 2019 by careers360
Candidates can download and check the answer key along with CDS question papers for the previous year of exam so that they can prepare in a better way. Links to download the answer keys of CDS is mentioned in below given table. CDS answer key download is given in below mentioned table.
CDS Answer Key and Question Papers
CDS II 2019 Question Paper
CDS II 2019 Answer Key
CDS I 2019 Question Paper
CDS I 2019 Answer Key
CDS II 2018 Question Paper
CDS II 2018 Answer Key
CDS I 2018 Question Paper
CDS I 2018 Answer Key
CDS II 2017 Question Paper
CDS II 2017 Answer Key
CDS I 2017 Question Paper
CDS I 2017 Answer Key
CDS GK Answer Key 2019 1. Which of the following is not a dimension of the Human Development IndexAns: Access to banking and other financial provisions2. Rajya sabha has exclusive jurisdiction inAns: Authorising Parliament to legislate on a subject in the State List3. South Asian association for regional cooperation was foundedAns: Dhaka4. Which of the following countries is not a founding member of New Development BankAns: Canada5. Triples is a new format ofAns: Badminton6. In India May 21 is observed asAns: National anti terrorism day7. President of Indonesia for the second termAns: Joko Widodo8. India's GS Lakshmi has becomeAns: First female referee to be appointed on the ICC International Panel match referee9. What is SWAYAMAns: Study Webs of Active learning for Young Aspiring Minds10. Author of the book plagues and peoplesAns: William H. McNeill11. Organism responsible for sleeping sicknessAns: Trypanosoma12. Which one of the following is an example of a price floorAns: Minimum Support Price (MSP) for Jowar in India13. Which is not considered in determining in MSP in IndiaAns: Cost of living index14. State does not have legislative councilAns: Arunachal Pradesh15. Mountain that separates black sea and caspian seaAns: Caucasus16. Largest fresh water lake in IndiaAns: Wular17. Who were AlvarsAns: Those who immersed in devotion to Vishnu18. Which of the following acid known as vitamin CAns: Ascorbic Acid19. Cotton clothes areAns: Good radiators of heat20. Where are jhumri telaiya and mandar hill situatedAns: Bihar21. Which one of the following is motto of NCC
Ans: Unity and Discipline
22. Which department does not come under ministry of home affairs
Ans: Department of Legal Affairs
23. Article 371 A of indian constitution provides special privileges
24. Which law prescribes that all proceedings in the supreme court shall be in English language
Ans: Article 348 of Indian Constitution
25. Total number of members in the Union Council of Ministers in India shall not exceed
Ans: 15% of the total number of members of the Lok Sabha.
26. Chandimangala was composed in which one of the following languages during the 16th century CE
27. In December 1962, which soviet leader declared that China was responsible for first Sino-Indian war of 1962
28. The term soil impoverishment related to which one of the following
Ans: Soil getting very deficient in plant nutrients
29. Indexation is a method whose use can be associated with
Ans: Controlling inflation
30. A car undergoes a uniform circular motion the acceleration of car is
Ans: A non zero constant
31. Chlorophyll in photosynthetic prokaryotic bacteria is associated with
Ans: Membranous vesicles
32. Food Chain is
Ans: Passage of food (and thus energy) from one organism to another
33. Bose – Einstein Condensate is
Ans: Fifth state of matter
34. The rate of evaporation of liquid does not depend upon
Ans: its mass
35. What do you mean by ‘Demographic Dividend’
Ans: A rise in the rate of economic growth due to a higher share of working-age people in a population
36. Rutherford’s alpha-particle scattering experiment on thin gold foil was responsible for the discovery of
Ans: Atomic Nucleus
37. Which greek philosopher coined the term ‘Geography’ in 3rd century B.C.E.
38. Coral reefs are not found in
Ans: Gulf of Cambay
39. The concept of four pillar state free from district magistrate for India was suggested by
Ans: Ram Manohar Lohia
40. What is intercropping
Ans: It is growing of different crops on a piece of land in a pre-planned succession
41. Which one of the following is correct sequential phase in the successional development of vegetation community in a habitat
Ans: Nudation, Migration , Reaction and Stabilization
42. Rains caused by thunderstorms during the hot weather season (Mid March to Mid June) in Karnataka are called
Ans: Cherry blossoms
43. Which one of the following is monoatomic
44. In graphite each carbon atom is bonded to three other carbon atoms
Ans: In the same plane giving a hexagonal array
45. Employing Chromatography, one can not separate
Ans: Colours from a dye
46. Which one of the following is not found in animal cells ?
Ans: Cell wall
47. Which one of the following body parts/organs of the human body does not have smooth muscles
Ans:Bronchi of lungs
48. Magnification is
Ans: Observed size of specimen /actual size
49. The value of a normal demand curve is
50. Ginni coefficient or Gini Ratio can be associated with which one of the following measurements in the economy
Ans:Income inequalityCDS English Answer Key 2019Correct Spelling of the questions asked in CDS II exam 2019 is mentioned below1. Accommodate2. Recommend3. Argument4. Decisive5. Aggressive6. Assassination7. EmbarrassmentIdiom/Phrases of the questions asked in CDS II exam 2019 is mentioned below1. Dirt cheap- Extremely cheap2. A shrinking violet - A shy person3. Gordian knot - A difficult problem4. Fall in a heap - To lose control of one's own feelings5. Have a conscription fit - To be every angry6. Be in seventh heaven - To be extremely happy7. Hand in glove - Working together8. Nip in the bud - Prevent a small problem before it becomes severe9. Like a shag on the rock - Completely alone10. A pearl of wisdom - An important piece of adviceSYNONYMS of the questions asked in CDS II exam 2019 is given below1. Impounded - Confiscated2. Impugned - Challenged3. Innate -Intrinsic4. Obligatory - Compulsory5. Betrayal - Treachery6. Narrowest - Widest7. Akin - Similar8. Attributed- Ascribed9. Acquiring - Obtain10. Desired - Wish forANTONYMS of the questions asked in CDS II exam 2019 is mentioned below 1. Beauty - Inelegance2. Vulnerable - Impervious3. Daunting - Demoralizing4. Intimidation - Support5. Constrain - Support6. Plausible - Unthinkable7. Plaintive - Gleeful8. Discord - Accord9. Insolent - Respectful10. Incessant - Sporadic
The exam conducting authority prescribes the exam pattern and syllabus of CDS in official notification only. Candidates who will take CDS II exam will have to appear for 3 papers - General Knowledge, Elementary Mathematics and English while for those candidates who will appear for OTA will have to appear for 2 papers - General Knowledge and English. Each paper will be held for 2 hours and will carry questions of 100 marks. Each correct answer will fetch the candidates 1 mark whereas, for each incorrect answer, 0.33 marks will be deduced. It is to be noted that along with knowing exam pattern aspirants should also make notes for exam as a strategy of how to prepare for CDS. The table below contains the CDS written exam pattern 2020.
Exam pattern of CDS II 2020
For Admission to Officers’ Training Academy
UPSC CDS exam result is announced in two stages - written and final result/ merit list. The written exam result of CDS 2020 has been declared in the form of PDF at the official website. The result of CDS I written exam contains the roll numbers and names of qualified candidates only. In order to check CDS result 2020, candidates have to click on the result link. Qualifying candidates of the written exam will be invited for the SSB Interview. The final result of UPSC CDS 2020 will mention the names of candidates who qualify SSB interview.
UPSC will release the cut off of CDS 2020 for written exam after the conclusion of the recruitment. Candidates who will secure equal to or more than the minimum cutoff marks will be considered qualified. Candidates who qualify the written exam will be eligible to appear for the next round of the selection process i.e. SSB Interview. Candidates must check CDS 2020 cut off to know the minimum marks required to qualify the exam. Candidates can check CDS previous years’ cut off from the table below.
Check Important Links
Leading coaching institute will release CDS 2020 answer key on February 2 in online mode
UPSC will not release the answer key right after the exam has been conducted, but many coaching institutes release the answer key after the exam which candidates can check on their websites.
No, candidates cannot challenge or raise objections on CDS answer key.
CDS 2020 Online
Question Paper Representation Portal (QPRep) is a facility provided by UPSC where candidates can raise objections in the incorrect question or options given in the CDS question paper. This facility is only available for one week after the exam.
Yes, 0.33 marks are deducted for each incorrect answer attempted in CDS exam.
CDS cutoff 2020 will be based on the number of candidates appearing for the exam, difficulty of the exam and number of vacancies.
The final answer key of CDS 2020 will be released after the final result of CDS i.e. after all stages of the exam have been conducted.
As per CDS selection process candidates have to first appear in written exam and those who qualify they will have to appear for SSB interview process.
No candidates can object the the answer key of CDS 2020 published by UPSC, it is for reference only
Candidates can check the answer key of CDS 2020 above this page and accordingly calculate their marks by following marking scheme
CDS Exam Pattern 2020 - UPSC prescribes CDS 2020 exam pattern containing sections, marks, mode et...
CDS Notification 2020 - UPSC has released the notification of Common Defence Services (CDS) I on ...
CDS Application Form 2020 – UPSC has released CDS 2020 application form on October 30, 2019. Chec...
CDS Syllabus 2020 – UPSC has released the syllabus of CDS 2020 in official notification. Check st...
CDS Question Papers 2020 - UPSC has released CDS 2020 Question Papers after the exam. Download CD...
yes you can apply for CDS exam even if you have spectacles however you will not be able to get into the air force and flying department because of your spectacles.
you could however go for logistics and administration even if you have your spectacles.
Hope this helps. Thank you.
Yes, you are eligible for appearing for cds ota & afa.
I hope this clears you doubt.
As per the latest eligibility criteria of CDS 2020, the candidates between 20 to 24 years are eligible to give this exam.
You are 26 now which means you are above 24 years of age now, so you are not eligible for the respective exam in each and every course ranging from IMA to OTA.
You can go for Indian Army recruitments now.
Feel free to ask doubts in the Comment Section.
You may refer to this
for more information about CDS 2020 Eligibility criteria.
I hope this information helps you.
You are talking about types of rejections in Services Selection Board (SSB).
Temporary rejections are those which can be cured/treated. Example: Extra Weight.
Permanent rejections are faced due to problems that cannot be cured. Example: Extra Leg Length for Fighter Pilots.
There are several tests inside the medicals. Some basic temporary rejections include: Knocked Knee, Over Weight, Wax in Ears, Kidney Stones, Appendix.
Some of these require surgery or doctor consultation. While problems like over weight can be set right with healthy diet and exercise. Knocked Knee can be cured by putting a pillow between your knees and standing for 20-30 secs daily.
Hope this helps.
Aspirants submit their CDS online application form before the last date. but before fill form you should need to check your eligibility for CDS Entrance exam. here we are talking about CDS physical standards and CDS medical fitness both. Check all information regarding “CDS Physical eligibility” below.
PHYSICAL STANDARD FOR UPSC CDS EXAM –
General physical and mental standards are very important points to consider before apply for UPSC CDS Exam. here you find physical requirements for CDS and what type of physical fitness required for CDS check below.
MEDICAL ELIGIBILITY FOR CDS
CDS Medical examination is also a important part of CDS exam eligibility. Here are many CDS physical conditions in medical examination. check it
EYESIGHT ELIGIBILITY FOR CDS EXAM
Most of the students ask this question that What is eyesight criteria for CDS ? CDSphysical test also covers your eyesight conditions. and vision standard for naval and Air force different from this which also mention below. Eyesight for CDS Exam –
Vision standard for Male Candidates
Vision standard for Female Candidates
Vision standard for Naval
Uncorrected without glass 6/12
corrected with glass 6/6
Limits of Myopia -1.5
Limits of Hypermetropia +1.5
Binocular vision III
Limits of colour perception I
Vision standard for Air Force
Limits of Myopia -0.75D
Limits of Hypermetropia +1.5D
Teeth , Ear, Nose and Throat Conditions
– CDS Physical Qualification also covers your conditions of teeth , ear Nose , Throat etc. Check the standards given below.
Height and weight standards
CDS Exam physical eligibility test also includes one major point is aspirant height. Here is a table for height required for CDS Exam for male and female candidates with weight parameters check it.
*45 for Navy @ 47 for Navy A ± 10% ( for Navy ) departure from the average weight given in the table above is to be considered within normal limit. However, in individuals with heavy bones and broad built as well as individuals with thin built but otherwise healthy this may be relaxed to some extent on merit.
The acceptable weight for Air Force candidates will be ± 10% of the average weight given above.
Your CDS brochure has been successfully mailed to your registered email id .
The Question containing Inaapropriate or Abusive Words
Question lacks the basic details making it difficult to answer
Topic Tagged to the Question are not relevant to Question
Question drives traffic to external sites for promotional or commercial purposes
The Question is not relevant to User
Regular exam updates, QnA, Predictors, College Applications & E-books now on your Mobile